We are back in business. The Municipality of Anchorage outlined guidelines that allow businesses like ours to operate. We will be following these mandates.
Starting this weekend we will return to meeting with our clients in their homes and accepting in-person new client meetings as well.
For clients that are not ready to meet in person we will still be offering our virtual programs but we will eventually phase those out and offer those courses to clients off the road system.
From the Municipality of Anchorage:
PHASE 1 OPERATING REQUIREMENTS
Sector: Personal Care Services
Business Type: Beauty, Barber, Hair Salons, Cosmological Services, Tanning Facilities, Lactation Consultants,
Acupressure, Rolfing, Reiki, (Dog Training)
Provides cutting and styling of hair, manicures, pedicures, acrylic nail treatment, skin treatment, muscle and relaxation therapy. Work requires direct physical contact with the customer.
RECOMMENDED SAFETY MEASURES
- Encourage paperless transactions and offer to email receipts. Encourage customers to use credit/debit cards or other cashless payment options for services.
- Customers will be encouraged to sanitize their hands upon entering the building and also before each treatment.
- Screen customers to determine if traveled within last 30 days or have sick family members at home; re-schedule appointments as needed.
- Reserved hours for operations limited to high-risk populations.
- Individual businesses may choose to be more restrictive.
REQUIRED SAFETY MEASURES
- Employees and customers must adhere to physical distancing protocols.
- Frequent hand washing by employees, and adequate supply of soap, disinfectant, hand sanitizer, and paper towels available onsite. Employees must follow Centers for Disease Control(CDC) guidance for COVID-19.
- Hand hygiene.
- Any sanitation protocols required in municipal and state licensing statutes or regulationsthat are more stringent than those listed in this document must be followed.
- Develop COVID-19 Mitigation Plan that contains, at a minimum, the Operating Requirements in this document and other protocols to minimize direct contact between employees and customers, increase physical distancing, and protect staff and the public.
• Reservations only. Walk-in prohibited. Waiting areas will be closed.