The Zoom H6 six track recorder is the one piece of equipment we don’t leave the house without if we are hitting the road with our podcast. This thing can do it all. The Zoom H6 Handy Recorder Changes the Way You Think About Recording… Forever Zoom’s flagship H6 is the most advanced portable recorder ever. It utilizes a system of interchangeable input capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lenses of a camera and comes with both X/Y and Mid-Side stereo mics. Great for live recording as well as studio-quality music production, the H6 offers six tracks of simultaneous recording and four mic/line inputs. Do not use in very high humidity or where it could be splashed by water.
- Direct recording to SD cards up to 128GB.Display 2.0-inch full color LCD (320 x 240 pixels)
- Gain knobs, pads, and phantom power for each input. Maximum Sound Pressure Input: 122 dB SPL
- Newly redesigned preamps with an ultra-low noise floor, up to 24-bit/96kHz audio in wav or MP3 format
- Mountable directly to dslr or camcorder with optional hs-01 hot shoe mount adapter. Multichannel and stereo usb audio interface for pc/mac/ipad
- Includes: owners manual, XYH-6 X/Y capsule, MSH-6 MS capsule, AA size LR6 battery x4, USB cable, sponge windscreen, cubase LE software, case
Why this is a top choice for podcasters: Doubles as an audio interface for laptops/iPads
You might be concerned about: The gain is “touchy” you need to play around with it so you don’t get a lot of “bleed”